Breaking News

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

I feel obliged to introduce myself and the purpose of this blog. I am Cathy Moak. I am an educator. I have over 20 years of education experience, including teaching at the elementary, middle school, and college level. My passion for teaching has led me into many different experiences in education, including writing and aligning curriculum, technology integration, digital learning, instructional best practices, behavior management, professional development and project based learning. I work at The University of Texas at Austin, but I do not represent them in this blog. I am proud of the work I do. I am in a unique position to help teachers and administrators grow professionally.

I tell you all this so you will know that my motives are pure. I have no political ambitions, although my husband serves on our local school board. I am a Christian. I love our constitution. I support our troops. I simply love what I do and those I serve. 


I started this blog to dispel common myths (and outright lies) about education in Texas. There are fear mongers who are using these myths in an effort to destroy education in Texas. I don’t really understand their motives, but their rhetoric has made its way into our communities. I decided it is time that someone told the truth about education in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By